Monday, May 9, 2016

Concert week, la silla caliente, review games

Hola padres! I wanted to thank you all so much for thinking of me on my birthday and teacher appreciation! The flood of cards, flowers, chocolate, gum and gifts cards was overwhelming and I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of it. Thank you so much; your scholars do really bring me so much joy!

Last week was a fun week for all of the scholars as we worked hard at making our mother's day cards which everyone really enjoyed. I had wanted to do those for a couple of years now, but could never get the timing down right. This year, I was able to be ahead of the game and got the supplies together in time to get them done for Mother's Day. I hope you all enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine. The classes that I had at the end of the week were able to learn about Cinco de Mayo and how it is about an unexpected defeat of the French army by the Mexican army in a battle in Puebla, Mexico. Many people mistake Cinco de Mayo as a celebration of Mexico's independence but the scholars learned that Mexico celebrates its independence in September.

This week, our schedule continues to be a bit out of sync due to concert rehearsals, so second and third grade will continue with la silla caliente or "the hot seat" activity we started a week or so ago where they interview their partner and can present their interview to the class if they so choose. In all grades, we will continue to review with various activities and games as the year closes out.

For third grade studying South America we will finish with a lesson on Bolivia and talk briefly about the other small countries in northern South America that are not Spanish speaking. I look forward to closing this study out with them as we have learned so many fascinating things this year.

Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment