Hola padres! Only a week and a half left of school which is so hard to believe! Let me fill you in on our week.
The scholars did an amazing job singing in their concerts this week and I was so proud of them!
In kinder this week we worked on a cute turtle puzzle that helped the scholars recognize the written word of each number (such as "uno" or "siete") and then matching it up with the actual number. This is always a fun activity for them.
In first grade we started a Spanish version of "I have, who has?" that deals with the alphabet. It is so fun to see how fast the scholars catch on when playing this game and how excited they get when it is their turn to play. You should ask them about it! We have also been playing hangman in Spanish to practice our alphabet. They really enjoy this and it is a great way for them to practice.
Second and third grade have been playing their own game of "I have, who has?" but with the theme of greetings. I have also been working with them on writing sentences. It is so interesting to watch them as they are confronted with a worksheet completely in Spanish and as we work on it together as a class they realize how much they do know and can actually do on their own. They have learned so much this year!
We will continue with activities next week that will stretch their memory and knowledge. It will be so great to see them realize the fruits of their labor this year. I have so enjoyed teaching them!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment