Hola padres! It has been another amazing week in Spanish! The scholars in second and third grade have concluded presenting their conversations and I passed back most of them graded. Everyone did well and those that struggled now have an idea of what is expected and can use this conversation to improve upon for the next one. With most classes, we began our unit on la familia learning vocabulary and some pronoun grammar that will help them construct their next conversation. For the next couple of classes, we will be working on questions they can ask about and ways they can describe their families. This will help them when working with their partners. I am encouraging them to write down what I write on the board so that they have something to go on when it comes time to write their familia conversations. Their notebooks should be their main reference for those conversations. The scholars really enjoy these and they can't wait to get started again.
In kinder and first we continued with the alphabet and the letter "I" which is pronounced like the English letter "E". It is fun to see the scholars compare and contrast the letters. We also continued our study of feelings with a game of memory and I am still having them quiz each other with their own flashcards.
First and second grade continue with their study of El Salvador and third grade continues with Chile.
Have a wonderful week!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment