Friday, January 22, 2016

conversations, flashcards, new readings

Hola padres! Happy Friday! What a fun week it has been! In kinder and first we have finished our flashcards on feelings and I have started to have the scholars quiz each other or play a memory game with them. This is a fun and new way to practice our vocabulary. I like that the scholars are able to take ownership of their vocabulary and learn it from each other. We will continue with this into next week.

With second and third grade, the scholars presented their conversations this week and did so wonderfully! I am so glad to see them also taking ownership of their assignments and being so proactive about showing me what they know and what they've learned. They were confidant and thoughtful in their presentations and I am so excited to see how these conversations progress through the next few weeks. I will try to have the graded conversations back to them next week as we begin a new vocabulary unit and start a new round of conversations.

When we have uneven weeks like this one, I enjoy reading to the scholars a topic related to the Spanish language. With most classes, we have read through a "Who was?" book on Frida Kahlo and are now moving into a book about the building of the Panama Canal. Both topics are fascinating and really intrigue the scholars. I so enjoy sharing this part of the Spanish language with them and hope that is shows them the vastness of what the Spanish language encompasses.

I did want to thank you all for your very generous gifts at Christmas. I was so overwhelmed by your kindness and thoughtfulness and enjoyed everything. I did my best to hand out thank you cards, but in case I missed you, please know of my deep appreciation. Until next week!

Sra. Hamilton
ahamilton@archwaytrivium.org

No comments:

Post a Comment