Hola padres and Happy New Year! It has been a while and I am glad to be back in the swing of things! Last week during our half day week, both first and second grade learned about Honduras and its significance in Central America, while third grade learned about Peru and its rich Inca history. It is so fun exploring these parts of the world with them!
This week with Kinder and first I have continued our study of the alphabet with "H" and emphasized how this letter is a silent letter in Spanish. We also began our unit on feelings and I am having the scholars make flashcards as a way for them to practice this vocabulary with each other in class.
This week third grade began its study of the South American country of Chile. We talked about Easter Island and how its inhabitants used up all the island's resources and how it is now a barren land. Next week, first and second grade will learn about El Salvador.
For second and third grade this quarter we began writing conversations. I want the scholars to begin putting simple sentences and phrases together just like they would if they were talking to someone they would run into while out and about. They are working in partners putting together a conversation that includes a greeting, an inquiry with a response, a little discussion their favorite fruit as well as parting words. They have really enjoyed this so far and I can't wait for them to present these conversations in class this coming week. I will let you know how it goes.
Again, welcome back and please let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns.
Sra. Hamilton
ahamilton@archwaytrivium.org
No comments:
Post a Comment