Monday, October 5, 2015

reading, "donde" and review

Hola padres! I am so sorry this post is late. Last week got away from me! So last week, in second and third grade we learned the names of different habitats that animals live in in the rainforest. The scholars caught on very well and enjoyed working through this as a class. We then worked on a new game called the add on game where scholars one by one give me a Spanish vocabulary word and as we go down their row, they have to tell me the words everyone else has used plus add on their own. They really enjoyed this and I felt it gave them a great way to practice what we have learned so far.

This week we are working on review as well as continuing our reading on the Panama Canal or Frida Kahlo. I love seeing the scholars excitement when I pull these chapter books out and am glad for this week do to this with them.

In Kinder and first this week we are mostly working on review with games. When we return from break, we will be jumping into our holiday lessons in all grades, mostly learning about dia de los muertos and how and why it is important to the Hispanic culture. This is an exciting time of year and I am eager to share it with your scholars. Thank you all for a wonderful first quarter, I look forward to seeing some of you at conferences!

Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment