Hola padres! It was so nice seeing some of you at conferences! I was glad to learn that some of you read my blog and that it was helpful. I am having the teachers send the link out again in their next newsletter, so hopefully more of you are checking it out.
This week was such a great week as scholars delved into different projects in their classrooms, recited poems, performed readers' theaters and got to take part in each grades' festivities. To go along with the theme of the week, I began introducing each class to the holiday of the Day of the Dead, its different aspects and reasons for why it is important in the Hispanic culture. Of course, the movie "The Book of Life" was mentioned and I let the scholars know how much I liked the movie due to its story and beautiful and colorful animation. If your scholar hasn't gotten a chance to see it, I do recommend it. To go along with this, each class also got a chance to make some papel picado which is a fun and festive way to decorate for celebrations and holidays. Please ask them about it! I think we all enjoyed making it!
Due to the half day schedule this week, I wasn't able to have any classes with Kinder. Next week, will start their study of the day of the dead and they along with first grade will be making day of the dead masks.
Second and third grade will also be doing other day of the dead activities which will expand their vocabulary of the holiday and its celebration.
I hope everyone enjoyed this week as much as I have. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns. Gracias!
Sra. Hamilton
ahamilton@archwaytrivium.org
No comments:
Post a Comment