Hola padres! Our week started out a bit rocky in second and third grade as the adjective lesson I presented didn't go quite as well as I was hoping. Thankfully, yesterday and today I was able to reexplain and model what the scholars were to do and I think it all became much clearer and I was happy for amazing results at the end of class. After introducing adjectives, the scholars were paired up and asked to interview their partner about their favorite animal. Once they were done, I had those that wanted, present the finding from their interview by telling us who their partner was, what animal was their partner's favorite and why. It was a great exercise for all of them and I was so proud at how brave they were doing their first Spanish presentation in front of the class. Next week, we will begin talking about animal habitats and how to describe where an amimal lives in Spanish.
In kinder and first this week, we continued with the alphabet and practicing our concert song. I also introduced how to say how we are feeling (tired, happy, sad, angry) and taught them a fun game that helps the scholars practice using their vocabulary called "en todo el mundo". We will use this game from time to time as a way to change things up and have the scholars shine in terms of their vocabulary knowledge. Their excitement is always so fun to see.
I so enjoy learning with your scholars and hope they are also enjoying Spanish class. If you ever have any concerns or questions, please email me. Thank you!
ahamilton@archwaytrivium.org
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment