Wednesday, March 23, 2016

a new approach and continuing with kinder and first

Hola padres! I am so sorry for not updating sooner! The end of the quarter is always a challenge but hopefully this post with bring you up to speed! In 2nd and 3rd grade this quarter I am trying something new. I am hoping to get actual Spanish curriculum next year and have the opportunity to pilot it this quarter. This is completely different than what we've been doing but I have tried it out in class already this week and so far, so good! The textbook is online, so I can project it on the board for the scholars and I hit a play button and the lesson is read to the scholars. This is great in two ways as the scholars can hear more Spanish spoken and they can see it also read on the board as each word is highlighted as its read. Thankfully, the lessons start pretty much where we left off with our conversations last quarter so the scholars are familiar with most of the words. We work through the textbook exercises together and there is a workbook that we are hoping to get for every scholar next year, but for now, we are working through those together on the board as well. I'm so excited to have this opportunity to work the kinks out this quarter with a schedule and scholars I am familiar with so that I can be better prepared for next fall. Your children are so kind and understanding as I tinker with my laptop setting it up in each classroom and sit quietly while I make sure everything is in working order. I love them so and am so grateful for their patience and understanding.

In kinder and first, we are continuing, yes still, with the alphabet and reviewing a ton which they love!! This week we will also do some review with the weather and feelings.

Thank you again for your support as we finish out the year!

Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment