Wednesday, August 19, 2015

¡bienvenidos!

Hola padres!! Welcome to our first year on our new campus! I am so excited and honored to be a part of this historic event for Archway Trivium West. For those of you who don't know me, I am Sra. Hamilton. This is my 5th year here at Trivium. My first two years at Trivium I was an assistant teacher and the last two years I taught Spanish and PE for both Kinder and first grade. I so enjoyed the little ones, but decided to teach only Spanish for K-3 this year. I am so excited to be able to specialize in just this subject as it is dear to my heart and really where I want to be.

For this year, we are trying something new in that Spanish will be taught in an immersion style which means that the majority of class will be taught in Spanish. For those scholars that have been here in years past, this shouldn't be too much of an issue. For new students who haven't had any Spanish this could be a bit intimidating. Please reassure your scholar in letting them know that my instructions and teaching will be very simple and easy to follow if they just look around them and observe what the other scholars are doing. I will make sure everyone understands and that no one feels like they have no idea what is going on.  I have given the scholars a few key phrases that will help them along in class and we will be doing quite a bit of repetition so that they phrases become familiar to them. I also let them know that asking for help is always ok. We learn best from each other, so I am hoping that they will feel comfortable looking to their classmates when they need to.

Along with this, it may seem at times that we are going at a very slow pace, but in order for us to get used to this new format, going slowly will be the best way to acclimate ourselves. This is all new for me as well, so we are all learning together.

Our curriculum this year will not only include the Spanish language but also quite a bit about the Spanish speaking culture and Spanish speaking countries. Please be sure to ask your scholar what they are learning so that you will understand the scope of our studies. I hope that you will grow in your knowledge just like I hope the scholars do.

I will post to my blog weekly on Fridays and hope that you will check here often for what we are doing each week. I will add the widget that allows you to have my posts emailed to you each week. Until then, please bookmark this page. Thank you so much! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ahamilton@archwaytrivium.org

Sra. Hamilton


1 comment:

  1. This sounds great, Sra Hamilton!
    Estamos muy entusiasmados!

    ReplyDelete